BISA is happy to release our Bicycle Policy Scorecard to help people vote to support transport cycling this election.
We asked all parties to commit to 5 proposals to promote everyday riding in SA. Our scorecard explains how they responded and also explains any transport related cycle policy released by the party during the election campaign
BISA’s 5 proposals were:
1. Invest $75 million each year for 4 years to fund priority cycle infrastructure
2. Complete SA bike riders’ Top 10 infrastructure priorities by 2022 (with councils)
3. Directly fund the Metropolitan LGA’s Cycling Strategy, and direct $10 million per year to local bicycle infrastructure
4. Commit a yearly budget to improve the safety of cyclists on DPTI roads
5. Delegate a DPTI ‘program’ to active transport. FUND it and REPORT on it!
Details about these 5 proposals are available at the following link: