Reporting Problems.

1.   Reporting Problems on Local Roads & Bikeways?  

To report a Local Bike Network issue or problem on a local road or pathway contact your local Council Offices. Ask for the Bicycle Officer if they have one. If you have a smartphone you can also use a couple of handy phone apps to notify directly notify your local Council of problems on the spot!

  • SnapSendSolve.snapsendsolve  SnapSendSolve allows you to take a picture, write a note & automatically send a notification to the relevant authority. Most councils are registered to receive notifications via this app! 


  • MLS EMyLocalServices  MyLocalServices is sponsored by the LGA & delivers Council information on waste collection, events & parks. It also allows you to report local maintenance issues & receive news from your local Council.

** Click on the titles or images for app downloads.


Potholes & Road Maintenance:  Road and pathway surfaces wear out and get damaged by trucks, tree roots etc. We can very easilyhelp with regular maintenance by reporting directly to our Local Council – it works!

Broken glass is a problem in bike lanes. It leads to many flat tyres, especially for roadies running narrow rubber at high pressures. If there are broken bottles in the bike lane you’ll be doing all cyclists a big favour if you just ask your council to come and sweep it regularly!





Caltrop (also sometimes called ‘3 cornered-jack’, ‘goat’s head’ etc) is a major cause of flat tyres in Adelaide – it’s Bicycle Enemy #1 & a notifiable weed!If you see Caltrop growing by your local bike track or in your street please report it immediately to Council. If it’s an isolated or immature plant and if you are properly prepared, there’s no reason why you can’t deal with it yourself – but you’ll need spade, broom, bag & bin! Watch this short video first so you know how to remove the plant and all of its seeds properly! If it’s an infestation please get on to Council asap!

2.   Problems on Main Roads:   

Most local roads in the metro area are administered by local councils. Most main or arterial roads are the responsibility of DPTI (Department of Transport). To report a problem on main or arterial Roads contact DPTI here.


If you are not certain if the road is administered by DPTI or Council, just report the problem to your local Council – they will always pass the message on to DPTI!